Saturday, August 31, 2013

Melbourne Gaol / Brunetti

Melbourne Gaol
377 Russell St, Melbourne VIC 3000

The Melbourne Gaol is really a fun place to visit as a tourist of course. It is no longer in use for quite some time though. I think it cost around AUD 29.90 for full fare but I paid AUD 5 benefit from staying at student lodge hahahas. Money absolutely well spent. I always find jail touring kinda interesting. 

The entire tour was pretty interactive.

1. Play on the story of Ned Kelly - one of Melbourne's famous hero
2. Simulate first hand experience of being a prisoner. They shut about 8-10 in an extremely dark cell. The darkness was somehow pretty creepy and unbearable although there are many others in there as well. I can't see my fingers at all when I stretch my hands out.

3. Individual tour around the cells (certain cells are really dark and have this eerie feeling ><)





 Mug shot




cell which 8-10 person got closed in during simulation. This picture was taken after the simulation. 
 Play on Ned Kelly was conducted on the ground floor here.





After touring the jail my neighbor and I decided to treat ourselves with a nice afternoon tea at Brunetti.

Iced coffee with 2 scoops of ice cream - my favourite and passion fruit tart. The place is forever packed with people regardless of the time I visit somehow. Other than the coffee, I find the pastries and desserts overrated. I prefer those at Antoinette (Mandarin Gallery) and The Line  bakery (Shangri-la hotel) in Singapore better. I wasn't surprised when I was told by my friends that it used to be very good before I came and the standard kinda drop :(

I didn't really like the place because there isn't a proper queue system and you could have waited forever without being served. Not to mention the place is really packed, pretty hard to find a seat if you are coming in a huge group.

I couldn't finish any of the desserts I got which is a sign that they are not up to standard. I am a person who can finish half a kg cake in a sitting, provided if they are good so you can try and see for yourself you you wana visit the place again. Not to mention they are pretty pricey too D;

negative disconfirmation...

No comments:

Post a Comment