Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Queen Victoria Market - Suzuki Night Market (Winter)

Queen Victoria Winter Night Market 
7-28 August 2013
5-10 pm
 Wednesday nights only.

The greedy pig foodie needs food to recharge before she can continue on her assignments so I went to the night market on two consecutive Wednesdays to satisfy my food cravings with two different groups of friends hahahas! On average each dish cost about $12 each, I wouldn't say that the portioning a huge - perhaps it is because I am starving but they are nevertheless good! It is a good thing to visit the night market with a huge group of friends
1. Cost saving
2. I can try a variety

Here's what we've got!

P.S. try to get there as early as possible. It gets really crowded around 7 pm and it takes forever to queue for your food - practically for ever stall. Don't miss the macaroons!

pulled pork burger AUD 12.50
 Bob Burger - $12 (the burger is really small and the filling is all fried) 
My absolute favourite - forever with the longest queue, perfect choice especially when it is so cold : Potato Leek Soup! 
 Meatballs - I kinda prefer IKEA meatballs more though
 Pancakes with chocolate syrup and melted ice cream :(
Canole 
 Band



Lemon Meringue, Bubble Gum and Passion Fruit Macaroons <3
They are not overly sweet and definitely worth your money because unlike the usual bite size macaroons, this requires four bites to finish and it cost 3 for $10 I guess.

I love the night market food and would definitely go again in summer when it is not crazy cold unlike now. My fingers froze and I am still angry with myself for forgetting something as essential as my scarf!

Oh for disco lovers there is a corner for silent disco. Those people are not crazy but the dance to the music from the rented headphones which seems pretty amusing yet cool! :D  


No comments:

Post a Comment