Friday, January 10, 2014

Carpenter and Cook

 Carpenter and Cook
19 Lorong Kilat, #01-06, 598120

After our Korean dinner, we decided to pop over a vintage themed cafe for some pastries and  tea. I love the ambience. Really retro and relaxing. Perfect place for afternoon tea with some friends to catch up on our lives. We went there about 8pm and the choices of pastries and cakes were pretty limited. I am not too sure if it is because it is too late in the evening but the variety of cakes is TOO SMALL >:(

I love cakes and tarts, not much of a cookie person so I didn't have much choices.
SGD 5 for each pot of tea.
SGD 6.50 for the tarts.
SGD 8 for the cakes but there's only Tiramisu, hence I opted for the tart that night.

left (yellow coloured tea) : counting sheeps - camomile and pepermint
right (orange coloured tea) : african sunrise - mixed berries
Pots of tea are refillable for free so it is a good thing, although it will definitely taste blend after each refills hahahas.
Nothing beats having a cup of aromatic fruit tea with your desserts - heavenly.
 Lemon cream tarts
The tarts are disappointing. They taste terribly sour. I know lemons aren't supposed to be sweet but it is too sour for my liking. It feels as if I am biting a piece of lemon except there isn't any bitter after taste. I am not too sure how lemon tarts should taste like but maybe I will give it a miss the next time :(

And so... Yan Ngee left her handphone unattended.
This is what happens if you leave your mobile unattended.
Selfies spam!


 Just to wrap things for us, a few compulsory shots :D





No comments:

Post a Comment