Friday, January 10, 2014

Kim's Family Restaurant

Kim's Family Restaurant

#01-06, Kilat Court, 17 Lorong Kilat
 
Blessed 23rd birthday to my dear goofy friend Tesring :D

Since it is her birthday we let her choose where we shall have dinner and here you go - Kim's Family Restaurant. We ordered army stew, japjae, seafood miso soup and pork bulgogi which eventually cost about SGD76.50? Each bowl of plain rice cost SGD2 if you order ala-carte which is crazy expensive. I know I shouldn't compare prices between Singapore and Melbourne but things here in this restaurant and tiny country is expensive. Singapore cost of living is definitely rising at the speed of light. 

Kim's restaurant offers 12 different kinds of sides, not to sure if they are refillable but they are specially seasoned to suit the local taste buds - not very authentic in my opinion. They are either too salty of sweet with a lot of msg - felt really thirsty after eating and I need to down them with plenty of rice. For the record I drank about 3-4 glasses of water throughout the meal feeling thirstier than ever :( I must say they don't taste terrible though in that segment in fact pretty nice perhaps because of excessive seasoning.

Thumbs up for the Jap jae worth eating but it is SGD15 for a tiny plate. It is flavourful, chewy but stingy with vegetables in that dish. I like it that it tastes good and it is not oily compared to the others I had else where.

Army Stew SGD 35 for a tiny pot barely enough for two. The stew is not spicy at all compared to all the other stews I had. The soup is pretty diluted but acceptable because of the unique twist - cheddar cheese :B Those who are scared of spicy food may consider trying. I contains golden mushrooms, two dumplings, two mouthful of instant ramen, sausages, luncheon meat, rice cake, prawns, clams and few pieces of pork belly.

In general I feel that the dishes are not bad tasting but nothing fanciful to rave about. It is too expensive given the portion provided. The above is definitely not enough for three although it did much damages to our pockets leaving hungry afterwards :(



Managed to catch up with the girls and took some pictures. I certainly have tough luck with white-coloured clothes. I will, no matter what stain my clothes with food stains no matter how hard I try. I will topple my soup spoon over and yes it happened after dinner , ARGH!

More pictures below :)




No comments:

Post a Comment