Monday, November 11, 2013

Home-cooked dishes

When you are hungry and eating out is too expensive you have to learn how to cook. I am really amazed at the variety of dishes that I can cook judging that I don't cook or can't cook at all before I come to Melbourne. It is really a great feat for me just to whip up a dish between tutorial and lectures to fill my hungry tummy. Each time I whipped up a dish I'd whatsapp a picture of it to my partner so that he can be proud of my new-found culinary skills, far from perfect but in the making hahahas. I'd send the pictures to my parents as well hoping for some praise that their little girl has grown up.

I thought it'd be good to compile everything together on my blog so that I can show gramps when I get back home and perhaps cook for them these dishes :D

The list will just grow longer as I explore new recipes I hope....
 fish soup
egg mayo sandwiches 

Terriyaki beef with edamame 
 unagi bento with terriyaki fried eggs

mashed potatoes with  anchovies
pancakes 
 kimchi fried rice
Hainanese  chicken rice set
 cream of mushroom spaghetti with crispy bacon and edamame
terriyaki pork and asparagus with fried onion omelette 
 kimichi pancake
 pork and potato stew
 ABC soup
 Bacon and eggs
 bak kut teh
 assam fish
 balacan lady's fingers
japanese curry filling onigiri
 California maki 
 ebiko gunkan
 sweet potato dessert
terriyaki pork

No comments:

Post a Comment