Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Kimchi fried rice

I can't emphasis more the pain of living alone. I hate having the same dish over and over again but I badly need to finish the box of Kimchi that I bought. Hence, I decided to be more creative and look up on youtube on how to make my next korean dish craving - Kimchi fried rice!

P.S. In case you were wondering which brand you should get, my personal favourite is 'Well-being Kimchi', I am serious that's the brand hahahas!

Kimchi Friedrice


In the original recipe I got, it was recommended to add in sesame oil and 2 tablespoons of hot chilli pepper paste. I know I won't be able to finish the hot chilli pepper paste before I return for summer holidays so I decided to tweak the recipe a little and it still tastes pretty delicious in my opinion hahas.

Ingredients:

1 cup of kimchi, chopped
3 tablespoons of kimchi juice
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pkt of  Korean roasted salted seaweed
1/4 cup water

Steps:
1. stir fry the kimchi in the pan for about a min 
2. add rice, sugar, salt and water and continue to stir fry
3. tear up the seaweed and fold it into the kimchi fried rice ready to serve

Simple right? My favourite appliances here is my ricecooker teehee. The best thing I brought over apart from my pillows, bedsheets and teddy bear. 

When you are hungry, fried rice is always the best quick-fix, life of an international student ~

No comments:

Post a Comment