Sunday, November 10, 2013

Petaling Street - Melbourne CBD

Petaling Street - Melbourne CBD
1f/188 Little Bourke St, Melbourne VIC 3000

Went there on 2 occasions with two different groups of friends which explains the two sets of photos. People from Singapore who miss the taste of home you can have another option apart from Killiney Kopitiam and shorter queue compared to Papa Rich you cango to Petaling street. I love their fried fish, a must have and almost everyone orders that there. The century egg lean pork porridge is quite tasty too.

On average I spent about $20 the first time and $16.45 the second- partly because I went with a huge group of friends after cell.

Feels sooooo good to have kang kong and lala after soooo many months. Apparently it is quite difficult to find kang kong here in Melbourne and restaurants charge quite abit for it. I remembered seeing AUD 18.90 on the menu at another eatery and thailicious! SO EXPENSIVE D: I miss my SGD4 kangkong at taste of thailand in Sinagpore, spicy and salty enough. Sambal kang kong won't taste good if you don't fry the balacan (shrimp paste) skillfully.

Here the sambal kang kong costs $13.90 if I remembered correctly, cheapest vegetable dish there too hahahas. Pretty satisfied as of now, but you can replace those I had back home. It is less spicy here to suit the local taste and preference which I can totally understand, so can't complain much. 



No comments:

Post a Comment